References

Police Check and Qualifications Check

I have been registered as an itinerant teacher (LAT) in several Auckland schools.  This includes Police check and qualifications check.

Professional Referees

My professional referees include a school music HOD, my university violin teacher, and the teaching observer for my 2010 Institute of Registered Music Teachers membership.  Please let me know if you would like to hear from any of these about my teaching and playing.

About my playing:

The Ambiance Strings site holds many references to my playing: Ambiance Strings Reviews

About my teaching:

The Latest Reviews are on my Google Susan Davis Violin Lesson Reviews

Jillin, a pianist with no string instrument background, writes: 

"Susan has been a tremendous help in getting me to achieve my viola goals. She is patient and flexible and every lesson has been catered to my needs. Her methods are very clear and she explains them with great detail, which has been instrumental in bringing about my quick progress. Within a year of learning I was able to pass Grade 2 with distinction and be accepted into the premier orchestra at my high school. She is very encouraging and inspirational and I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a music teacher. Thank you so much"

Ben writes:

"Susan took me from never having picked up a violin to playing in a community orchestra in less than three years. Her method is quick to pick up and very easy to understand; I was playing some of my favourites within a month! The lessons are engaging and relaxed and Susan really knows how to put me through my paces."

Anissa writes:

"My daughter started with Susan as her lessons with her previous teacher were not engaging her and she was not progressing.
Susan immediately picked up on her learning style, the lessons were engaging and fun.
Within months she was playing at grade 3/4 level with lovely tone and technique. 
Lauren always enjoyed her lessons with Susan and worked on everything from getting the basics right to theory and playing technique.
I  would highly recommend Susan as she is a great teacher with a passion for playing the violin."



Engelbert and Debra write:

"Our children Gabrielle (12 yrs.) and Nathan (10 yrs.) began to learn the violin with Susan about a year ago. During this time, their technique has improved tremendously and they now play with a richer tone. Susan has taught them many new techniques, and given them many tips to strengthen their overall capability. Her style of teaching is one of coach, mentor and guide. From the way she teaches the children, we know that she is passionate about the violin and this comes through strongly. She is patient but firm with the children and her loving approach has made learning the violin an enjoyable experience for the children."

Edward writes:

"Susan is a patient and very supportive teacher with a highly effective instruction method. Despite being an adult student with no music let alone violin background,  Susan helped me develop within weeks to the point where I could read sheet music and play short pieces with a nice tone and good intonation. Professional and passionate about the violin, I would highly recommend Susan to anyone wanting to learn violin."

Aili writes:

"Hi Susan,

Thank you for teaching my daughter- Flora. I can hear her making good progress in such a short period of time. You are reliable, professional, flexible to the time swings. I wish Flora should have learned from you earlier. Flora almost gave up violin before she turned to you. Now she is more confident and fond of playing violin.

Thanks and kind regards.
Aili"

When a 12 year old student passed his grade 4 exam with high merit his mother wrote:

"Susan has been teaching my son for almost a year and within this time I can see my son had made a tremendous progress in his violin playing. Thank you Susan...................Polly"


The mother of a 7 yr old boy, after 3 months of lessons wrote:

"My only regret with having Susan as our son’s violin tutor is that we did not find her sooner.
...
She is very kind hearted, patient and my son adores her. The only reason we are ending our fantastic arrangement with her, is due to the fact that we are relocating to Sydney, Australia. I only wish we could pack her in our cases and take her with us. I know I am going to look far and wide to find someone as good with children and passionate about music as Susan is.

Kind regards

Nicole and David Kupka"